If you’re not confident that your anti-virus software is keeping you safe, you’re not alone.
Dimensional Research recently completed a study on anti-virus and anti-malware software, sponsored by CoreTrace. The 226 IT professionals who completed the Web survey reported that Corporate IT believes the threat from malware is increasing, but they don’t have confidence in existing blacklisting approaches to protect them. Key findings include:
- 80% say threat from malware is increasing
- 74% do not have confidence in blacklisting anti-malware
- 66% concerned that blacklisting anti-malware is not effective on “day-zero” of a new attack
- 50% concerned about the impact of performance scans
- 80% say the idea whitelisting is compelling, but only 9% report using whitelisting approaches to anti-malware
You can find press coverage of the report from:
A full copy of the report is available for download here.